This time around I am really working on a shoe string budget. I have a lot of horse gear and I need to make do with what I have. I found an old halter that I actually really like, purple with a plaid trim. It has been neglected and the chrome is chipping off
a bit. So I decided to spruce it up a little.
After two time through the washer it is looking a whole lot cleaner, but the chrome finish is flaking off. Back to the dollar store for two things. Gray nail polish and top coat!
I am sure that in time this will start to flake off again, but a few touch up and we should be fine. My goal really is just to give it that new feeling instead of going out and buying a whole new halter. After all it still is perfectly serviceable.
Next add the top coat.
Voila! Looking snazzy enough for my new boy!