Friday, February 23, 2018

One more day!

Arg! It has been a hard week to get through. Between the weather, my job, and my excitement, I can barely wait!

My mind is spinning.
     ...  Money ...
                 ... Time ...
                           ... Health ...

So many other issues ...

And yet ...

        Another horse. Another friend. Another adventure.

What will we do this year?

So two days ago I made a list of things I wanted to before I kicked the bucket. This is a list of what I want to do this year with Tank.


  1. Work though all the steps of the Horse Speak 
  2. Teach Tank to stand, lift his feet, and ground tie
  3. Teach Tank to target 
  4. Establish a bond .. not sure how I will decide when that has happened but ...
  5. Ground drive Tank
  6. Braid his mane and tail
  7. Keep a log of what we do
  8. Find Tank's favorite place to be scratched. 
  9. Ride Tank at walk and trot
  10. Make at least 1 video a month of Tank
  11. Get Tank to put all 4 feet in a hula hoop
  12.  Trot exactly 10 steps, walk exactly 10 steps 4x's in hand 
  13. Teach Tank to come
  14. Discover is Tank is right or left handed (hooved?)
  15. Teach Tank to lower his head
  16.  Pick out your horse’s hoof from the opposite side of their body.
  17. Write a poem about your horse.
  18. Knit or crochet an amigurumi that looks like Tank
  19. Hug Tank
  20. Place buckets with a single horse treat inside randomly around an enclosed space. See how long it takes for Tank to eat all the treats.

Many of these are from this list of 214 Things to Do with Your Horse

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like you and tank are going to have a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems you and Tank are going to be very busy and have fun doing it. Congratulations on getting Tank I hope you and he will have many great adventures together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I do have lots of things planned. Most of all, just to enjoy him.

      Delete

Blankets ... should you, shouldn't you

A little miniature foal stands shivering in the spring rain, even with full shelter available. His winter coat is soaked through to the skin...

Popular Post