My mind is spinning.
... Money ...
... Time ...
... Health ...
So many other issues ...
And yet ...
Another horse. Another friend. Another adventure.
What will we do this year?
So two days ago I made a list of things I wanted to before I kicked the bucket. This is a list of what I want to do this year with Tank.
- Work though all the steps of the Horse Speak
- Teach Tank to stand, lift his feet, and ground tie
- Teach Tank to target
- Establish a bond .. not sure how I will decide when that has happened but ...
- Ground drive Tank
- Braid his mane and tail
- Keep a log of what we do
- Find Tank's favorite place to be scratched.
- Ride Tank at walk and trot
- Make at least 1 video a month of Tank
- Get Tank to put all 4 feet in a hula hoop
- Trot exactly 10 steps, walk exactly 10 steps 4x's in hand
- Teach Tank to come
- Discover is Tank is right or left handed (hooved?)
- Teach Tank to lower his head
- Pick out your horse’s hoof from the opposite side of their body.
- Write a poem about your horse.
- Knit or crochet an amigurumi that looks like Tank
- Hug Tank
- Place buckets with a single horse treat inside randomly around an enclosed space. See how long it takes for Tank to eat all the treats.
Many of these are from this list of 214 Things to Do with Your Horse