Friday, October 19, 2018

No followers . . .

I struggled with the fact that I don't have any followers for awhile. What is the point to write without anyone to read?

But I read.

I wish I had kept up with the progress of the past  7 months. So . . . I write for myself and I am back again . . . again.

This is my boy over the summer.

But what I really want to talk about is friends. The furry kind.

Yes, they are our friends and they are important. I let go of a friend today, AJ.

AJ was a cat I rescued from the litter of a feral queen. I took the whole litter of 3. Two of the kittens survived, AJ and Rockford. AJ is the gray on the left and Rockford is the black on the right. The orange cat is Simon and unrelated. These boys were all named after P.I's James Rockford (Rockford Files) AJ Simon, and Rick Simon.

AJ was a friend. The kind of friend that was always in your face. Didn't get the hint that maybe he should move out of your way or leave you alone sometimes. He would trip you as you walked down the stairs or down the hall.Even if that meant that he had to flop into your underwear as you sat on the toilet.  He felt that he was there and you should talk to him.

Yes talk. AJ loved to talk. He would tell you about everything that had happened that day. He meowed and meowed. I had whole conversations about all sorts of things. He was a good listener too. You could tell because he would respond to everything you said.

AJ was so handsome, too. That steele gray coat with striking green eyes. He was a big, thin, steele kitty that has a mind of his own. The funny think about AJ was that he back legs were on backwards. No, really. His left paw was on his right leg and visa versa. It was the oddest thing. He also did not have an extra digit on his front paw, but it looked as if he did. Aj was very unique.

AJ also had his own unique flop. I never saw that cat lay down, he would flop over, sort of just fall on his side.

AJ was my friend. I will miss him. Rest in Peace old man.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your loss of AJ. He sounds like a very special guy who was unique in lots of ways. RIP sweet kitty.

    The thing I’ve found about having followers is that you have to go to other blogs and leave comments and they will in turn read your blog. Most times. Your horse is looking good. Hope you’re enjoying each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Grey Horse. My last blog was doing well with followers. But I have to write for me anyway. THank you for taking time to comment. AJ was a good kitty. Sniff.

    ReplyDelete

Blankets ... should you, shouldn't you

A little miniature foal stands shivering in the spring rain, even with full shelter available. His winter coat is soaked through to the skin...

Popular Post